While the industry has largely ignored the middle market, Primerica has always been committed to helping Main Street families save and invest for their short-term and long-term goals.
Mutual funds are one of the most effective long-term savings vehicles. Mutual funds are a great way to "become an owner, not a loaner." They give average families access to an investment vehicle with the potential to minimize risk through professional management and diversification.*
There's no doubt that investing in mutual funds involves risk. But a PFS Investments representative can help you to understand those risks, and guide you to mutual funds that match your investment objectives and risk tolerance.
PFS Investments' Mutual Fund Providers:
- American Century Investments
- American Funds
- Fidelity Advisor Funds
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- Legg Mason
- MFS Investment Management
- Amundi Pioneer
- Putnam Investments
Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, fees, and expenses of any mutual fund before investing. This and other important information can be found in the fund prospectus and or summary prospectus, which may be obtained from PFS Investments, or by calling the fund or by visiting the fund's website. Please read each fund's prospectus carefully before investing.
*Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against loss.
A managed account is accessed through an investment platform. The platform typically offers access to actively managed investment models comprised of securities selected by investment professionals.
When your account is managed through the Lifetime Investment Platform, you will have an ongoing relationship with your advisor and will receive professional money manager services, and consolidated reporting.
The Lifetime Investment Platform investment model offering provides you with access to a wide range of asset allocation strategies. Your Primerica Advisor will assist you in selecting the professional asset manager and models that will help meet your asset allocation and financial goals during your investing lifecycle. The investment models are constructed using mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETF) or a blend of both investment types. By working with your Advisor, you will be able to identify the investment model options most aligned with your personal goals, time horizon, risk tolerance, and investing preferences. You can always adjust your investment plan and model selection to accommodate changing needs.
PFS Investments offers three kinds of annuities products: variable annuities, fixed annuities, and fixed indexed annunities:
- Variable annuities are long-term contracts between an individual and an insurance company. Variable annuities contain both investment and insurance features and are designed specifically for retirement.
- Fixed annuities are long-term contracts between an individual and an insurance company. Fixed annuities provide a fixed rate of return that is guaranteed by the issuing company.
- A fixed indexed annuity is a long-term contract between an individual and an insurance company. Fixed index annuities provide a higher rate of return than a fixed annuity, but the return is not guaranteed.
PFS Investments' Annuity Providers:
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Brighthouse Financial
Business Retirement Plans
PFS Investments' 401(k), 403(b) and 457(b) plan offerings are individual and employer-sponsored retirement plans that grant employees the opportunity to contribute a portion of their salary on a tax-deferred basis into investment vehicles, such as mutual funds and annuities.
PFS Investments' 401(k) Providers:
Preferred plan providers:
- CUNA Mutual
- American Funds
- Fidelity Advisors
PFS Investments' 403(b) Providers:
- Any of our approved mutual fund partners that have been approved as an investment option in a non-ERISA 403(b)7 plan
- K-12 schools, colleges, churches, hospitals, etc.
PFS Investments' 457(b) Providers:
- AXA Investments
Investments in annuities are not FDIC insured or bank-guaranteed and may lose value. Guarantees offered in fixed annuities are subject to the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company. Variable annuities are sold through PFS Investments Inc. and are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Variable annuities are sold by prospectus only.
All investments are subject to risk, including the loss of principal. It is important to remember that there are risks inherent in any investment and that there is no assurance that any money manager, mutual fund, asset class, style, or index will provide positive performance over time.
Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, fees, and expenses of any mutual fund before investing. This and other important information can be found in the fund prospectus and or summary prospectus, which may be obtained by calling the fund or by visiting the fund's website. Please read each fund's prospectus carefully before investing.
Want to save $1 million by age 67? You'd better get started soon.
The longer you wait, the more you'll have to put away each month to reach your retirement goals.
- 27 years old? You have to put away $214 a month to reach $1 million.
- Start at age 37, and you're putting away $541 a month to reach your goal.
- Begin at age 47, and you'd have to put away $1,491 a month.
- Wait until age 57, and you're putting away a hefty $5,168 a month.
- Wait until the last minute (age 62) and you'd have to stash $13,258 a month to reach $1 million by age 67.
So, the sooner you start saving, the fewer dollars you'll have to put away each month to reach your retirement goals. Don't pay the high cost of waiting!
This example is hypothetical and does not represent an actual investment. This uses a nominal 9% rate of return, compounded monthly. It uses a constant rate of return, unlike actual investments, which will fluctuate in value. It does not include fees and taxes, which will lower results.